Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Convergence


"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."   
-Revelation 22:13 



Where does one thing begin and another end?

From the center of the earth through crevices at the bottom of the ocean a mixture of heat and matter as old as the universe seeps into the sea. Cells become atoms, become chemicals, become vegetation and animals creating a web of sustenance and nourishment.  The air we breathe comes from oceans and forests, the food we eat from the ground.  All the objects around us were once but ideas in someone's mind, individually and collectively.  Inspiration, imagination, knowledge, and skill conspire and take form in tools, shelter, clothing, and creature comforts all drawn from the earth.  Shelters become villages, become cities, become countries.  People become families, become tribes, become races, become nations.  Ideas become ideology, become structure, become religion, become...?

Where does one thing begin and another end?



"I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one. As you, God, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, …so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."    
-John 17:21-23



No comments:

Post a Comment