Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Celebration and Lamentation

...From everyone to whom much has been given, much will be required; and from one to whom much has been entrusted, even more will be demanded.  ~Jesus~

I have started and discarded several drafts of today's blog because I find myself conflicted and perplexed on the mother of all national holidays.

On the one hand I celebrate the freedom we enjoy as citizens of the United States of America and offer to others in the world. And, on the other hand, I lament the increasing escalation of the loss of freedom in our country, and our isolation from others in the world.

I find myself less proud, and more privileged to be an American. Pride is easy and carries very little responsibility while privilege is difficult and heavy ladened with responsibility. 

Have a happy and grateful Independence Day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment