Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Yikes - It's Next Wednesday!

One week from today is Christmas Day.  I wonder how many of you reading this feel a similar twinge of panic as I do in writing it?  There is shopping to be done, parties to host and attend, pageants to perform, worship service to prepare, lead or attend, family and friends to visit, travel to make, and the list goes on...

I don't know about you but sometimes I get a little overwhelmed by Christmas.  Don't get me wrong.  I love it, I really do.  I love the decorating, socializing, and celebrating.  It's just there is so much in so short amount of time. Couldn't we spread it out a little more?

So in mid-week of the fourth week of Advent, my personal challenge is to take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the procession of the season rather than rushing ahead and creating my own anxiety and panic.  After all, Jesus did say, "Don't worry about tomorrow because today is enough on it's own."

Yes, Christmas Day is one week from today.  Don't panic! Relax and enjoy the journey to Bethlehem!

No comments:

Post a Comment