Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Attention

People mostly did not know enough when they were living life that they were living it. ~ Olive Ketteridge

It's life's illusions I recall. I really don't know life at all.  ~Joni Mitchell

Wonder what I missed yesterday,
or last year, or way back when,
or even five minutes ago.
Were birds singing and I didn't hear them?
Did you say something?
Sorry, I wasn't listening.
Wish I had paid more attention.
It was right in front of me.
Never saw it coming.
If it had been a snake...
Wish I had that to do over again.
If I had only known.
Lost sunrises and sunsets.
Missed moments.
A smile changed my life.
"Please"
"Thank you."
"I love you."
A touch.
A smell.
It's always happening
-Life -
gone before we know it.
Better pay more attention.
"What was that again?"





No comments:

Post a Comment