Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Credo Novum

Today's offering is a reimagining of the ancient Christian creed known as the Apostle's Creed that I wrote several years ago but had forgotten until a couple of months ago. It was hiding in plain sight on the One Eternal Presence home page. 

Credo Novum (New Creed)

I trust
One Eternal Presence,
God of Scripture,
the I am and I will be,
Creative force of the universe, the Source of life.

I trust
Jesus Christ,
As a complete human expression of
One Eternal Presence

I trust
the life of Jesus
begun in sacred mystery;
born of common, innocent, human origin,
lived in open yet humble exhibition
of companionship of empowerment
in the One Eternal Presence
among us, around us, and within us.

I trust
the death of Jesus
persecuted by imperial powers;
publicly executed and buried,
experiencing ultimate despair and hopelessness;
yet exposing the false power of death.

I trust
the resurrection of Christ,
revealing life and death as one in the same,
transcending time and space
with the One Eternal Presence.

I trust
the Living Spirit
of One Eternal Presence
revealed in
the unity of the universe;
the sacred connection of humanity;
the reconciliation of falseness;
the regenerative energy of creation;
and life unending.

I received an email yesterday notifying me that Credo Novum has been accepted as a resource by
ProgressiveChristianity.org  Check it out - they added a beautiful graphic.

No comments:

Post a Comment